Technical Consultant (RN Submariners) – (Any Location)
Xpedite Group of Companies are currently seeking an Ex-RN Serving Technical Consultant to join our rapidly expanding team.
We are currently seeking a Technical Consultant (Submariner) to join our rapidly expanding team.
The Technical Consultant role will largely consist of providing submarine technical support to the in-service MoD submarine environment with the aim of assisting them in applying safe and defensible maintenance solutions whilst improving reliability and cost effectiveness.
This role will also include aspects of technical analysis, technical authoring, maintenance management, process generation and business development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who wishes to develop their technical and interpersonal skills with an exciting, expanding and rewarding organisation.
Salary for this position will be DoE, and applicants must have current A, V or T Class, ME, Electrical or Mechanical experience.
There may be a requirement for occasional travel to various locations around the United Kingdom.
- Current in-service Submarine (A, V or T Class) engineering knowledge and experience is essential;
- Experience in marine, electrical or mechanical disciplines would be preferable;
- Excellent communication;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team;
- Strong IT skills (including Microsoft Office programs);
- Previous experience with the UMMS application is desired but not essential (training will be given where required);
MoD security clearance will be required for the successful applicant - this does not have to be held at time of application.
Junior Marine Engineering Consultant (Bath)
Xpedite are seeking a talented and driven Junior Marine Engineering Consultant to join our organisation and embark on a rewarding career.
Xpedite is offering an opportunity join the organisation as a Junior Marine Engineering Consultant to enhance our existing Engineering Team that support our customers in asset management.
The role will give you a broad understanding of engineering, project management, personal development and professional standards all through structured Initial and Continual Professional Development (IPD & CPD). A structured Development Plan will be generated to support the candidate’s route to achieving Chartered Status within their chosen field, all the while using maritime knowledge and experience to support Xpedite activities.
Our bespoke plan will allow the candidate to experience several technical disciplines whilst working with our industry experts on projects such as our Oil and Gas Support RCM Projects, Cruise Ship RCM Projects, Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carrier, through life support of surface and sub-surface Naval and Commercial Platforms and commercial manufacturing client base.
- Marine working environment
- Shore based
- Some out of office travel national and international travel
- Generating upkeep spec for refit programmes
- Liaising with Lloyds and other Classification Societies
- Supporting maintenance reviews on complex systems such as gas turbines, diesel engines and LNG
- Survey projects of ships structure and habitability assessments
- Developed in-house software toolkits after undergoing software training
- Conducted through life cost-based analysis on marine systems during design and build
- Project Management of major commercial project